"Tremble and do not sin; when you're on your beds search your heart and be silent." -Psalm 4:4
Some things to think about from youth group last week:
- When was the last time you spent some time in TOTAL silience?
- Why is silence so hard to deal with?
- Is there a correlation between silence and the ability to evaluate your heart? Is that why we like noise, so we don't have to look at our lives?
- Have you spent the same amount of time worrying and talking about your difficult, confusing situations as you have spent in silence, listening to what God might have to say? Do you sometimes avoid silence because you're afraid of what God might actually have to say?
- What are some things in your daily life you could change to eliminate some of the noise?
Now, I take the silence for granted. Such a shame. Silence has so much to say. I think a part of me is afraid of what silence might have to say, but a part of me knows that it would only be for my benefit.